Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
- Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable web experiences
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to deliver business value with quality and urgency
- Enforce good Agile practices including CI/CD
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Work as part of the Morningstar engineering community, leveraging existing technology where appropriate.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or another related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience developing with modern front-end tools and frameworks such as, Vue.js, AngularJS, Backbone.js
- 3-5 years’ experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js, Java, or C#.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is desirable.
- Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
- Experience working with SASS and build process management tools like npm, Grunt or Gulp.
- Demonstrated understanding on Responsive Web Design principles
- Knowledge of Accessibility compliance (WCAG 2.0 Level AA), is a plus
- Experience diagnosing and solving cross-browser/cross-platform issues.
- Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
- Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produces superior results.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize 360, Eloqua, is a plus
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues/concerns to the team
- Experience with Amazon Web Services concepts and technologies