Job Description: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,400 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day each Fooda location is served by a different restaurant that comes onsite and serves fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menu. Now with over 50 million meals sold, Fooda operates in major cities across the U.S. Eight out of ten employees believe Fooda is one of their company’s top perks.
Why Choose Fooda?
Like most businesses, we have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re using this opportunity to expand into sectors like healthcare and manufacturing, and focus our team on the most impactful projects so we can serve our diners safely and help our restaurant partners weather this time.
As we expand our technology platform and explore new market segments, we are breaking ground and building functional and useful products for independent restaurants across the country. This allows Fooda to help mom & pop shops expand their own businesses and deliver great food to people looking for more local and exciting food options.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Fooda is hiring a skilled Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help build out our restaurant and customer-focused platforms. This position is a key role on the Fooda Technology team.
Collaboration: Being a smaller team, we communicate constantly to bounce ideas off of each other and tackle difficult problems together. Everyone is anxious to help, and we use daily standups to identify bottlenecks and issues that we need to confront quickly.
Testing: We don’t merge untested code. While we don’t have a policy of test-driven-development, we take testing very seriously and you are free to utilize a workflow that fits best for you.
Curiosity: Fooda has a large codebase that has been built overtime. We are constantly asked to augment older features, build new ones, and brainstorm improvements. It’s a constant effort to improve and move forward simultaneously, and developers are encouraged to approach problems with an open mind.
Who You Are:
With that in mind, here are some qualities we’re looking for:
- A professional background of development, with experience building scalable server and client-side products with a focus on the frontend.
- A focus on testing, with experience unit testing and testing small features in the context of larger, distributed applications.
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, and have experience and desire to work with our product team and engineers to build the best features we can build.
- Knowledge and experience with logging and tracking features after they have been released, to monitor and fix bugs, assess metrics, and further improve the feature moving forward.
- Desire to create consistency across customer-facing products, to foster a feeling of unity while using Fooda’s application.
What You Have:
- Professional history with design best practices and ability to give feedback on user interfaces and experience.
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and Kubernetes.
- Clear, understandable, well-tested code.
- Ability and willingness to mentor junior developers.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.