Senior Manager DevOps Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
If you are looking for a high tech environment, Discover is IT. Focused on the latest technologies and platforms supporting enterprise wide scale and laser focused on Security & Safety @SPEED. Discover is a fast paced, collaborative and fun environment driving industry leading technology capabilities and practices. Discover’s vision for DevOps is at the core. We are actively looking for a leader of our core DevOps capabilities to lead our CI/CD suite of capabilities, tools, and methodologies for the organization.
Our CI/CD & Pipeline teams are key enabling functions for IT software engineers across the company. This group drives the company strategy and delivers enabling services that support and enable our software engineers to continue to delight our customers across a spectrum of platforms, tools and capabilities, including a range of supported platforms from industry leading Kubernetes, distributed VM & Mainframe.
This leader be highly visible and will work with all levels of the organization to evolve and drive execution of our DevOps strategies. Working with leading engineers/architects to define key capabilities required, working with executive leadership on execution needs, working with the team in an agile environment to enable and empower our top talent to deliver results, and more.
- Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements, and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continual improvement.
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in supervisory role
- 8+ years of experience in application development
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Strong knowledge of DevOps design patterns, processes, tools and best practices
- 8+ years in Application Development, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance and/or Software development technologies, preferably at enterprise level in a highly regulated environment
- 1+ years leading development practices for large units or enterprise scale
- Good understanding of microservices, cloud platforms, AWS, Kubernetes
- 2+ years in handling Application Build, Configuration Management, Deployment and Release Engineering in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of infrastructure provisioning (Terraform/Ansible) a plus
- Mainframe experience a plus
- Understanding of core audit concerns for regulated industries
- Agile, Scrum Master
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.