We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
You are the senior manager for an area of strategic importance and of significant impact; enhancing AI and ML will enable our customers to further “discover the truth” and “act on it.”We believe AI should be used on every investigation and matter in our software.
We are focused on four key pillars:
1. Algorithm excellence, ensuring every algorithm or capability we offer provides the most robust experience possible.
2. World class toolset, expanding our toolset to solve complex challenges quickly and iteratively.
3. Massive data focus, we focus on continuous improvement with data driven benchmarks and practices.
4. Through AI everywhere, we plan to seamlessly weave AI capabilities throughout Relativity in all stages of the discovery process to better manage cases and to optimize product operations.
In the past two years, 1.5 billion documents have benefited from the insights of Relativity AI – with substantial growth expectations in the coming years. You will be expected to deliver industry leading solutions in AI and ML and maximize our investments in machine learning, structured, and conceptual analytics solutions like email threading, active learning, concept searching, clustering and more that take advantage of nearest neighbor, support vector machine and other learning techniques.
Focuses on Product Delivery
Whether it is litigation, information governance, a government request, or an internal investigation, our products Relativity and Relativity One give our customers a complete set of flexible tools to tackle their unique big data challenges through every phase of a project. You will take a lead role in the development, enhancement, and improvement our AI tools which is vital to our user community of more than 160,000 peers looking to learn from each other and share their experiences. As we move more of our products to the cloud, we look for leaders who can help us solve tough, complex problems and allow our software to process larger amounts of information and data faster than ever. Additional expectations include:
- Contributes to the product roadmap and uses it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Has effective ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility - through regular reporting
- Accountability behind the features and products they own
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their area of ownership
Makes Effective Decisions
- Display an ownership mindset; Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Leads a team of software and quality engineers, architects, and technical product managers to be effective in the design and development of software applications and systems per business demands and requirements
- Validates resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
Promotes Personal Learning
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the professional development of their Managers and their teams under them and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in. He or she will work collaboratively with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of everyone on their teams.
Builds High-Performing Teams
Responsible for building and leading multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
Aligns Goals with Strategy
Responsible for executing the technical vision for AI at Relativity. Serves as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to the AI feature set. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive. Be a subject matter expert in AI/ML. Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals. Exercises a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Be innovative. Think beyond the when crafting solutions and considering impact.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- 7+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven record of accomplishment of building and leading successful engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience in the AI/ML discipline at a cloud software company
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.