An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
Responsible for leading fitness equipment software development activities and processes related to on-board controls, displays, diagnostics, services, and management. Collaborate closely with Product Management, Service, Operations, Compliance, Industrial Design, and other Engineering disciplines to extract and confirm requirements and constraints. Lead software developers in developing embedded software for motor/generator controls, user input capture and display management, diagnostics and communications, exercise logic, and multimedia to deliver requested functionality on schedule and with consistent, high quality. Coordinate support for maintenance, improvement, and enhancement releases as required for products in field use. Hire, coach, manage, and mentor developers to continuously enhance the team’s capacity, capability, and quality.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management on requirements and recommend solutions.
- Prepare budgets, resource estimates, and schedule estimates for software development.
- Track and maintain budget and controls.
- Manage and coordinate activities of software team.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
- Mentor and coach engineers to support individual and organizational growth and development.
- Ensure prompt response to factory, field, and service issues; assign and manage priorities.
- Conduct and report on design reviews.
- Develop and present innovative ideas for product and process improvements.
- Align processes and tools with other teams (including test, web, and mobile).
- Manage continuous improvement and institutionalizing of best practices in software engineering.
- Provide expert guidance to project teams.
- Lead design of firmware using primarily C and C++ in Linux, RTOS, and bare metal environments.
- Make technical feasibility assessments and recommendations.
- Work closely with Software Quality Assurance to ensure product quality.
- Track and manage defects/issues to accepted resolution.
- Regularly report program and issue status and forecast updates to senior level executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 12+ years of experience in software development roles
- 6+ years of experience building and leading high-performance software engineering teams
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experiential knowledge of software engineering tools: source control, configuration management, defect tracking, content planning, integration, and deployment
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaborative product development
- Leadership history in Agile Scrum and/or “Agile-fall” development environments
- Relevant Master’s degree (Engineering, Business, Computing/Software)
- Ability to contribute technically when necessary in software development, particularly in configuration and build control
- High comfort level with relevant frameworks/environments/toolsets including: Atlassian Jira, Git, Fisheye, Confluence, Jenkins, Yocto, QT, TestRail, Debian Linux, FreeRTOS, Cross-compilers for TI, Freescale, and ARM processors, GCC, Eclipse, BSPs, RPMSG, APIs, Kernel services, …
- Experience leading development in Agile software processes interfacing to phase-gate program processes
- History of driving process improvement and organizational change
- Knowledge of the fitness industry and cardio exercise equipment
- Understanding of IoT device management and security
- Experience developing embedded product software within a manufacturing organization