Senior Manager Programmer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are seeking a senior-level technologist who leads the end-to-end analysis and design of software applications with a focus on achieving required levels of Reliability, Availability and Serviceability. The person works closely with application architects, application developers and infrastructure teams to identify gaps in architecture, design and or deployment with respect to RAS requirements.
- Ability to analyze complex systems and identify actionable recommendations, including options, timelines, costs Ability to design an application architecture and infrastructure deployment to achieve required levels of RAS (i.e. 3 9’s, 4 9’s, 5 9’s)
- Ability to technically lead and coach infrastructure and full-stack software engineers
- Ability to design and implement full-stack application architectures that are secure and can scale with load
- Ability to work with SQL and no-SQL data solutions
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong collaboration and inter-team sills
- Ability to listen an consider input from team members
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
Experience of 10+ years desired, with deep knowledge of multiple of the following:
- Application architecture
- Full-stack application development
- Infrastructure, including Unix/Linux/Java, networking, load balancers, data storage
- Data persistence, databases and analytics
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!