Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As the Sr. Manager, Salesforce Development you will build and lead a team of developers primarily focused on Salesforce. You will have full ownership of the design and build of our Salesforce system and the integrated systems within Paylocity's business applications. This role spans responsibilities from high-level architecture and design through hands-on development, build & testing. You will focus on ensuring all viable options are objectively considered and balance business goals with technical design and project constraints to meet requirements.
This role needs an experienced technical leader and people manager to lead and build a technical team. This role requires deep technical knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, a thorough understanding of Marketing, Sales, and familiarity with CPQ, Billing, and integrations.
Reports To: Senior Director Financial Systems
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hire, develop, and coach a team of Salesforce technical roles while building a team culture of positivity, inclusiveness, and collaboration.
- Work directly with developers, architects, and Salesforce admins to design and build solutions that solve the needs of our end-users in a scalable way.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure completed code meets defined success criteria.
- Deploy, monitor, and support software releases during iterative development cycles
- Provides documentation to support code changes
- Instill, implement, and enforce Salesforce development standards with regard to system architecture and scalability.
- Ability to keep up with current technology trends in Salesforce to access and make recommendations on processes, design, and operation
- Work closely with other technical team leaders within the organization to plan, build, and maintain complex cross-platform integrations.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team such as one-on-ones, collaboration with the Salesforce Admin team, and prioritization and scoping of work items.
- Communicate with senior management on the status of projects, timelines, challenges to implementation, and deployments in a non-technical manner.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years' experience leading or managing a team of developers/engineers
- Experience building and maintaining integrations between multiple enterprise systems
- One or more Salesforce Developer Certifications (preferred)
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification (preferred)
- Dell Boomi experience (preferred)
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.