Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Cloud Engineering -20-0169 at Relativity
Align Strategy and Goals
- Serve as technology advisor and subject matter expert to the business on all aspects of Cloud monitoring
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive.
- Develop deep software knowledge of current Relativity processes and products to align the team’s strategy and create incremental goals to delivery on that strategy over time.
- Advocating the benefits of CI/CD and fostering a DevOps culture across the engineering organization.
Focus on Product Delivery
- Collaborates with peers to create the roadmap to build out the tools and processes to support the goals and use it to drive purpose for the team and backlog
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Display an ownership mindset and be accountable for the team’s deliverables.
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
- Support other engineering groups in the creation, improvement, and execution of their monitoring improvement plans.
Build High Performing Teams
- Builds and leads multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process.
- Collaborates with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams.
- Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Expert in how cloud applications are monitored at scale.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline and in-depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large scale environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and monitoring/logging solutions, specifically Microsoft Azure, New Relic, and Splunk
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related discipline
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams