Senior Manager Software Engineering (Deposits Value Stream)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Deposits Value Stream of Discover Bank is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to lead multiple agile teams, which are focused on feature delivery of new capabilities and enhancements. These agile teams develop across several application domains in both legacy and modernized systems. The right candidate will be experienced in Scaled Agile, and skilled at helping teams reach their highest potential. The Deposits Value Stream is an exciting area, with many new customer and technology focused initiatives on our roadmap. We strive to be a learning culture, which is constantly improving, and enabling our teams.
This position works closely with the Value Stream Director, and the business Product Managers and Product Owners, along with the technical architects. They will be actively involved in the IT community as we continue to enhance our processes, tooling and capabilities.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Experience with Extreme Programming practices, and modernizing legacy applications is a plus.
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.