Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the way consumers interact with their healthcare. Reporting to the Director, Engineering - the Senior Manager, Engineering will help lead Rally's engineering team to deliver products to be in the hands of the individual. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Contribute technical guidance to the product area while maintaining mission-driven leadership of organization-wide engineering goals
- Collaborate across 20+ other Care Solution teams in leading projects while partnering with several key partners across Rally's Engineering, Product and other teams
- Collaborate with product and project management on quarterly and long term planning activities
- Understand all technical integration points and dependencies for the components owned by the team
- Participate in design discussion of the components and their interaction with other systems
- Perform feature level design given high-level requirements, taking into account requirements, data/reporting, scalability/performance requirements, and time available to implement
- Proven experience setting product strategy and delivering several large-scale projects within multiple dependencies across teams
- Experience with building and leading highly technical local and remote engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on SW Development experience in web or mobile device applications
- 3+ years hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (i.e. Java; Scala; Swift; Docker, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will elevate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to ultimately better deliver our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.