Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Contributes to the product roadmap and uses it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Has effective ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Accountability behind the features and products they own
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their area of ownership
- Display an ownership mindset; Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Leads a team of software
- Validates resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
- The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the professional development of their Managers and their teams under them and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in. He or she will work collaboratively with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams;
- Responsible for building and leading multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process.
- Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
- Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set.
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product.
- Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercises a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Be innovative. Think beyond the when crafting solutions and considering impact.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related discipline
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.