Senior Middleware Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Senior Middleware Engineer will be responsible for the design and delivery of system integration and support solutions. This role will be responsible for performing and supervising design, development and implementation of fusion Middleware & AWS Cloud and open source architecture. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the technical production support of middleware solutions including AWS cloud. Candidate will have large scale middleware solution implementation experience in a complex distributed Java environment spanned across data center & AWS.
- Designs, builds, tests, and maintains middleware solutions including cloud technologies.
- Ensures that infrastructure systems are designed, documented, implemented, and supported to meet CCC's internal and external standards and service level requirements.
- Solves problems related to installation, implementation, operations of middleware and related infrastructure components, provides advice and counsel to product development/ IT Operations teams.
- Support processes that ensure application availability and manage the application life cycle of the Middleware and related applications.
- Automate Middleware infrastructure environment builds using open source tools.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of the middleware environment, takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution.
- Be able share the on-call rotation with the team and work with 24X7 offshore model in place.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience or Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience
- Hands-on experience working in complex and distributed Java application implementation environment with WebLogic, OSB, OAM, WSM, AQ, MQ, LDAP, OHS, JBOSS, TOMCAT and other middleware platforms.
- Experience in cloud computing leveraging AWS and working with DevOps & Automation tools like Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, RunDeck, Python, Jenkins, Docker and kubernetes, etc.
- Experienced with systems roll-outs, adhering to change management, transitions from project phase to on-going systems support and disaster recovery and recovering complex environments.
- Experience in Application Performance Monitoring Tools in troubleshooting performance issues leveraging tools like AppDynamics, Wiley Introscope, New Relic, Dynatrace, XPOLOG, ELK, etc.
- Insurance/Auto industry experience and knowledge in Open Source Technologies like Apache Storm, Kafka, Active MQ, PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Ability to quickly prioritize issues/requests and be capable of personally diving deep when required to deliver solutions within an accelerated timeframe and works well under pressure and can resolve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening and informing and communicate up, down and across the organization.
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!