Senior Mobile Engineer
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
Showpad is looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our growing technology team in Chicago.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer at Showpad, you'll be working with bright colleagues in multiple tech disciplines to continuously deliver the sales industry's best training and coaching experience to our large groups of enterprise and mid-market customers. You'll work on a team of mobile engineers in Chicago and also get the chance to collaborate with our engineers in Belgium.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Mobile Engineer at Showpad
- Ensuring our mobile tech stack stays current; adopting the latest language and framework advances sooner rather than years later (Swift UI is coming!) is our philosophy
- Lend your expertise to interesting challenges like video capture and upload, offline persistence and syncing, large file storage, code modularization, backwards and forwards compatibility, open sourcing, and more
- Be a major contributor to a product that has over 50,000 active users and have a significant impact on their experience
- Work closely with our best-in-class mobile engineers to continuously sharpen each other's skills through code reviews, technology guild days, pair programming and agile delivery methodologies
- Collaborate with backend team members to define data models and responses for client consumption
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 7+ years of iOS or Android experience shipping production apps to stores. Understanding and experience in both platforms strongly preferred. An emphasis and preference for one technology over another is acceptable and expected, but flexibility is required
- A working understanding of the entire mobile development lifecycle from requirements gathering to production deployment. Strong knowledge of mobile development constraints and unique technical considerations
- Very comfortable consuming backend data services. Exposure to fullstack or backend technologies preferred
- Strong data modeling skills with an emphasis on offline data retrieval and object relationships
- Experience with one or more modern persistence frameworks (realm, room, core data, etc)
- Experience with Mobile CI/CD solutions with an emphasis on continuous testing and verification
- Ability to articulate mobile-specific challenges and opportunities to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable collaborating with and mentoring less experienced engineers on best practices and architectures
- Eager and willing to develop for both native iOS and Android by leveraging strong foundational Mobile engineering principles
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Consistently looking for new challenges and opportunities for growth that extend beyond role
- An eye for good mobile UI/UX and not afraid to be an expert in this domain
- Good working knowledge of unit and UI testing frameworks and what it means to make code properly testable
- Not afraid to do a cross-platform POC in an upcoming technology