Senior Network Automation Engineer (Remote- Anywhere in US)
The Network Operations team is looking for a Network Automation engineer to help building and improving the processes and tooling we use for our Datacenter networks.
Groupon's Network Operations team is responsible for our Datacenters connectivity and network infrastructure. Our day to day includes a variety of fronts such as design, configuration and the operational support/lifecycle of the network. We move fast and rely on our processes and tools to deliver on time while ensuring consistency and reliability. We code our way out of our problems.
In your role as a Network Automation engineer, you will develop and maintain tools to reduce friction in network operations, improve speed and accuracy of network changes, assist in diagnosis and remediation of advanced network problems and drive innovative solutions to reduce incidents. You will automate network deployments and data collection tasks to enhance our productivity, will engage in discussion with vendors when needed and help in product selection to align with the needs of our company. You will help to spread a DevOps culture within our team and beyond, and will seek to integrate our tooling and flows with other engineering teams with aims to improve the overall efficiency of our operation.
- Develop and maintain tools to reduce friction in network operations, improve speed and accuracy of network changes, assist in diagnosis and remediation of advanced network problems and drive innovative solutions to reduce failure tensors. Automate network deployment and data collection tasks to enhance the productivity and validity of the results.
- Engage in discussion with vendors and help in product selection and feature test to align with the growth forecast of the company.
- Document the existing standards and develop proposals for potential designs to improve the efficiency of the network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or related technical field
- Solid experience with protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, and OSPF
- Solid experience with Python scripting and network automation tools/protocols
- Product knowledge of network devices
- Experience providing technical support to large-scale distributed systems in a 24/7 environment
- Experience with relational databases (graph databases is a plus)
- Experience with Linux, Unix, or other UNIX system administration
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.