Senior Network Security Associate (Infrastructure/Application Development)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
As a member of the Network Security team, this individual will be responsible for analysis, architecture, implementation and support of the enterprise firewall, proxy, and network security infrastructure using best practices.
- The candidate will research problems and solutions, evaluate and recommend resolutions
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to network security technologies (i.e. firewalls, remote access, etc)
- The scope of this role includes participation in technical and non-technical project meetings, development of presentation quality technical documentation, conflict and problem resolution, and communication of design criteria and direction throughout varying levels of management. The candidate must be comfortable consulting with internal customers, vendors, management, and technical staff to assess needs and requirements.
- Participate in a 24×7 On-Call pager support/rotation
- Support the security infrastructure to maintain availability and compliance.
- Support the audit and compliance process
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in Information Technology or like field)
- 3+ years working in Application Development
- 3+ years working in Information Security
- 3+ years working in Infrastructure Services
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with REST/SOAP/XML or other API.
- Hands-on experience developing automation solutions to deploy infrastructure or applications ( Python, PowerShell, YAML)
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting, maintaining, and engineering Enterprise Firewalls
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts, challenges and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols and technology
- Strong background in general IT
- The ability to design creative solutions while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability
- The curiosity and willingness to independently research issues and find solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.