Senior Observability DevOps Engineer
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders
- Utilize Graphite/Grafana/statsd and Prometheus to create varied dashboards and expose KPIs
- Design and implement Splunk, Elasticsearch, Fluentd or similar log management tools
- Manage the Event Management and Notification System using BigPanda, VictorOps or PagerDuty
- As a member of the team, recommend and implement an APM solution for Enova that meets the needs of Software Developers
- Maximize our investment in DataDog or use similar solution for automated node monitoring
- Transition monitoring tooling toward a standards-based self-service automated platform
We're excited about you if you have:
- Deep technical knowledge and operational experience with one or more of these tools or their equivalents (alternates appear in parentheses):
- Splunk (ElasticSearch, SumoLogic, Fluentd)
- New Relic (Elastic APM Agent, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, LightStep)
- DataDog (SolarWinds, Nagios, CollectD, Elastic Metric Beat)
- StatsD, Graphite, Grafana (Prometheus)
- VictorOps (PagerDuty)
- Comfortability using Linux
- Previous experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards
- Experience working across departments evangelizing and communicating observability expertise and standards
- Driving awareness and enhancing participation in observability initiatives across an organization’s technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Some familiarity scripting in Python, Ruby, or Go
About the Observability Team:
The observability team at Enova is a team of engineers establishing monitoring and observability standards and solutions at Enova while being the custodians of the observability platform. This team is part of the Tech Ops organization which sits in the Chicago office. The Observability team has great exposure to many departments and technologies at Enova allowing for involvement in varied and diverse technology initiatives.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.