Senior Platform Engineer
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
You are a Software Engineer with expertise in the implementation and design of software platforms, including infrastructure, methodology, process, and tool stack. You thrive in environments where you are focused writing performant code that supports enterprise-grade architecture. You enjoy the experience of writing software for scale and take ownership of the products that you contribute to. You understand the importance of understanding the context in which your software operates and can rationalize implementation details with the bigger picture. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 80% of time spent in hands on development.
- Designs, implements and maintains software for an entire domain.
- Delivers feature improvements including performance and scalability improvements.
- Ensure that their projects and their teams meet ‘Definition of Done’ quality standards.
- Increase the level of teams’ technical ability and drives measurable improvement of quality of code.
- Improve accuracy of development schedules and lowers project risk.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 3+ years in a Senior Engineer role developing Enterprise-level applications is required
- 7+ years of professional software development
- 4+ years developing application services using Java is required
- 2+ years creating APIs as products is required. An intimate knowledge of RESTful protocols is assumed
- Experience creating or utilizing Service Oriented Architectures is required ideally using Microservices
- Experience with developing distributed systems
- 3+ years of working within AWS technologies to create cloud-based architecture is required
- Ruby on Rails experience is a plus, but not required
- Advanced degree (MSc) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of event-driven architectures is required
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit,TestNG, Mockito.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, TDD, CI,CD
Core Technical Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Java 8 or above (Ideall 11 is preferred at this point)
- Spring Boot 2.x
- Spring 5.x
- ORM: JPA/Hibernate
- RDBMS/SQL (Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle experience required)
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, and core cloud services
- Source Versioning: Git/Github/Gitlab
Nice to Have Skills:
- Reactive (Spring WebFlux, Netty, Reactor)
- Event Driven Architectures & Distributed Messaging (Message Bus, Kafka, MQ, etc…)
- NoSQL (Dynamo, Mongo, Cassandra, Influx, etc…)
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Finds creative ways to execute even when there’s not a pre-determined path or map to follow.
- Skilled at project estimating – identifying milestones, work effort required, potential barriers to success
- Combines expert understanding of multiple domains with their technical skills in order to improve the effectiveness of multiple domains in question.
- Demonstrates ability to understand how their design decisions affect the scalability performance and overall cost of the application they own.
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Read Full Job Description