Senior Principal Application Architect, Discover Card at Discover (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
We're looking for a Senior Principal Application Architect for the product area that owns Discover Card digital servicing. Keep reading if you want to contribute to Discover's mission of helping customers achieve a brighter financial future!
As a Senior Principal Application Architect, you will be responsible for defining the target architecture that empowers product teams to become autonomous while delivering customer value. You'll craft a technical roadmap that aligns with our enterprise architecture strategy. You'll partner with peers across the Card organization as a contributor to the broader software development organization. You'll engage in the broader tech community - working with enterprise domain architects on solutions that span a product area.
- Partners with other Card Architects and provides input into the enterprise technology strategic roadmap
- Engages in broader technology community –works with Enterprise Domain architects to leverage and provide feedback on solutions that span VS, and ensure alignment with their respective technology roadmaps
- Accountable for the overall technical architecture, viability, quality, performance, and maintainability of the product area
- Accountable regarding technical decisions for architecture within Product Area, driving the architectural direction through a collaborative, team-based approach
- Accountable for the evolution of the product area technology stack according to the overall technology strategy
- Embodies and applies architecture governance and represents product area architecture to the architecture review board
- Coordinates architectural direction and decisions with all defined stakeholders and peers
- Strategizes solutions that reduce dependencies and roadblocks both within and outside product area
- Partners with product owners to develop the product vision and roadmap ensuring they align with technology strategy, industry trends, inclusive of build vs. buy decisions
- Ensures product architectures supports required non-functional capabilities, manageability, supportability, security, observability, etc.
- Assists in decomposition and defining domain boundaries to optimize the architecture within product area
- Responsible for the architecture and health of the technology solutions within the product area
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in technical, or other related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Technical, or other related field
- Java + Spring (Core, Boot, Cloud)
- Microservice Architecture (REST), Event-Driven Architecture, Domain-Driven Design
- Secure Coding (OWASP Standard)
- CI with Jenkins, GitHub; Gradle, Nexus
- Messaging systems: JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire
- TDD/BDD; Cucumber/Gherkin
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/Cloud Foundry/OpenShift)
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.