Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description This individual fills the critical role of Value Stream Architect that drives technology roadmap and capability advancement in alignment with business requirements. In addition, this individual mentors and guides other technical staff members on adoption of new tools (e.g CI/CD), new methodology (e.g. Test Driven Development) & new technology platform (e.g., Cloud Foundry, Public Cloud).
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop solutions to application, system administration, and network issues.
- Perform systems management and integration functions.
How You’ll Do It
- Defines the target architecture for the Value Stream, taking into account scalability, simplicity, and supporting business growth as defined within the Value Stream.
- Provides architectural governance and helps create a technical roadmap for the Value Stream.
- Collaborates with the Value Stream and Enterprise Architects to define future state Value Stream architecture in context of the broader enterprise architecture
- Establishes relationships with Business and BT Value Stream participants in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and influence strategic initiatives
- Serves as a technical coach and mentor for junior team members of the Value Stream. Act as Product Owner for technical initiatives/features that drive technical capabilities.
- Provide insights and guidance to Product Management group on initiative and feature complexity and impact assessment
- Document design specifications and installation instructions.
- Collaborate with technology partners to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicate with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Verify the stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Advise on project costs, design concepts, and design changes.
- Proven track record of delivering quality in an Agile environment
- Proven track record of turning concepts and ideas into tangible solutions
- Be reliable, self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
- Conceptualize and communicate strategic approaches
- Promote a risk aware culture within the team to ensure efficient and effective risk compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes that support the DFS approach to audit and compliance.
- Partner with the business and technology teams to plan and execute projects, design technical specifications, and ensure direction and resources to deliver high quality products and services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of management
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on all technical aspects of architecture and development strategy.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in technical, or other related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Technical, or other related field
- Java + Spring (Core, Boot, Cloud)
- Microservice Architecture (REST), Event-Driven Architecture, Domain-Driven Design
- Secure Coding (OWASP Standard)
- CI with Jenkins, GitHub; Gradle, Nexus
- Messaging systems: JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire
- TDD/BDD; Cucumber/Gherkin
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/Cloud Foundry/OpenShift)
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.