Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This is a hands on position that will have be a part of a team enabling all CICD platform and advanced software delivery pipelines supporting all delivery teams in Discover. This team is taking an innovative approach to defining fully automated and advanced DevSecOps capabilities as a service for the company. This role will be instrumental in evolving innovative DevSecOps software delivery pipeline capabilities and API’s, as well as evolve the tools and infrastructure that enable self service adoption by our development teams. Candidates will be expected to bring their expertise and creativity to help solve key technical as well as non-technical challenges in driving our vision, engineering our solutions unlocking value across the organization.
- Participate in development and engineering of software delivery platform and pipeline tools and technologies.
- Participate in design and team planning activities across software delivery platform and pipeline tools and technologies.
- Ensure designs and solutions are highly available, secure, and continue to drive automation of Governance, Security and Compliance requirements
- Engage internal development teams on tools, techniques, capabilities as well as gather feedback on CICD/DevOps capability evolution from our internal communities
Our Tech Stack:
- Tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus/IQ, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Gradle, Harness, GitHub Actions, SonarQube
- Programming Languages: Java, AngularJS, React, Node.js, Python, Go, Shell, Groovy
- Target Platforms: OpenShift(Kubernetes), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Tomcat, WebSphere, RHEL
- Database: Oracle, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Gemfire, MongoDB
- Test Automation: Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
- Cloud Services: AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Lambda, nginx
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Technical, or related field
- 10+ years in Technical, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in automated software build & deployment automation in distributed cloud environment
- 4+ years of experience in tech leadership role
- A proven background in software delivery automation
- Knowledge of containerization(Kubernetes) platforms and Docker/CRI-O
- CICD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Harness.io
- Experience of Java development and architecture patterns
- Clear understanding of 3 tier/layer application architecture using modern cloud platforms
- Experience of software-at-scale in the cloud
- Experience of Asset Repo e.g. Nexus/Artifactory
- Experience with Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing
- Exposure to a flavor of Git, including common branching strategies, Software Composition Analysis
Nice to have:
- AWS Certification
- Cloud Foundry, OpenShift
- RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.