Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The architect Responsible for designing and implementing computer and information networks, including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. Designs network and computer-security measures. Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software.
- Coordinates network operations, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Adjusts network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Coordinates the installation of new equipment.
- Communicates with system users to ensure accounts are set up properly. Diagnoses and resolves operational issues.
- Communicates with customers and the business to determine customer needs.
Our Tech Stack:
- Tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Programming Languages: Java, AngularJS, React, Node.js, Python
- Hadoop, Spark, Storm
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis
- Target Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, RHEL, VMware
- Database: Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL, Gemfire
- Test Automation: Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
- Cloud Services: AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Lambda, nginx
- App Servers: Tomcat, Websphere
- Scheduler: Autosys
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Technical, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Technical, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- A proven background in software delivery automation
- Experience of software-at-scale in the cloud
- Experience of Java development and architecture patterns
- Knowledge of containerisation platforms
- CICD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins DSL (scripted or declarative)
- Experience of Asset Repo e.g. Nexus/Artifactory
- Exposure to a flavour of Git, including common branching strategies
Nice to have:
- TOGAF Certification
- AWS Certification
- Cloud Foundry, PCF
- RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.