Senior Principal Software Engineer Cloud-native Application Enablement at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As a Senior Principal Software Engineering you will work across multiple departments to help deliver a world class migration of applications to our company’s new cloud-native platforms. In this role you will partner with DFS engineers and the EAIS organization to plan out the application migration strategy. You’ll partner with application and EAIS experts to create standards for design, deployment, operations and life cycle management. The team will also mentor application teams as they migrate to the new platform.
We are looking for a dynamic person who has experience with cloud technologies and knowledge of existing platforms and applications.
- Develop standardized methodology for application migrations
- Document and integrate migration best practices, templates, and tools into ongoing process for quality and velocity
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight in architecting, designing, and developing applications for the cloud using cloud-native application architectures (microservices, containerization, serverless, API design patterns, IaC, purpose-specific databases, etc.).
- Define and document standards for design, deployment, and operation.
- Establish governance of standards
- Develop a life cycle management strategy that keeps applications on current software
- Help architect scalable, highly-available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
- Assist in migration of complex on-premises applications to the cloud, ensuring that customer applications are cloud-optimized.
- Be a technical leader, providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud design patterns, architectures, and programming.
- Provide day-to-day direction & guidance to the technical team as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related
- 10+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
- In Lieu of Education ,12+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
Experience driving business efficiency across evolving platform and channel infrastructures
Expertise in designing and building well-tested, efficient, reusable, and scalable software
Experience architecting financial applications using a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings
Knowledge of best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions and experience developing strategies for migrating existing workloads to the cloud
Progressive experience in technology and process leadership
Previous mentoring and coaching experience of other engineers
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.