Senior Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and devops development.
Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Independently innovates on and advocates for best practices within the team, and collaborates on them across the enterprise.
Carries a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan for how new projects will fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team implementation of solutions from inception to production.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in and adjacent to the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated; finds new ways to bring value to the company through the use of technology
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 10 years in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
- In lieu of degree, 12 + years in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent Experience
Technical experience/skills that will make you successful:
- Expertise on current digital marketing strategies such as personalization, cross channel marketing, data driven optimization of experiences
- Experience evaluating and managing vendor software offerings such as Adobe Experience Cloud (Analytics, Experience Manager, Target)
- Modern web-development frameworks (Angular, React, Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Web browser & Cross device compatibility design
- Java, J2EE, APIs, Microservices
- CI/CD with Jenkins or similar, Chef, Git/GitHub, Gradle, Nexus, SonarQube
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS
- Container solutions: Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Understanding of software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and waterfall
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.