Senior Python Engineer at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack microservice architecture allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have a few years of experience working on software development teams and can help lead in technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience collecting requirements for projects that link data science or engineering teams and designing solutions that satisfy all parties involved
- Experience with Airflow, AWS, CI/CD pipelines, or Data Science pipelines
- Experience with popular Python packages such as boto, sqlalchemy, pandas, or sklearn
- Excitement about greenfield software development environments
- Experience with the design and deployment of scalable REST API's, databases, distributed computing, and data pipelines within existing engineering ecosystems