Senior Python Engineer at Nielsen Global Connect
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to work on the Intelligence Studio team to continue scaling this application
to meet internal and external demand.
We use cutting edge technology and industry-leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
So what specifically is Intelligence Studio, you ask, and why is it so cool? Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud technology-agnostic platform built with trusted open source components like Kubernetes, Spark, Airflow, MLflow, and TensorFlow. It allows data scientists to focus on doing data science by taking care of essential concerns like data access, logging, configuration, resource negotiation, dependency management, orchestration, and testing. This self-service, data science platform solution connects in with partners in a shared ecosystem, scales by usage, and has the building blocks to help our data scientists and clients move from creation to deployment of a data science project, at scale.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Building software and integrations in a cloud-based Microservices environment for Big Data applications
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Work within a cross-functional team to author clear and purposeful epics/stories
- Promote and enforce best practices in development and operations
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the platform architecture
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5-7+ years of software development experience, preferably in an agile development environment
- Strong experience in Python development
It would be great if you also have experience with Scala, Flask, Big Data or cloud technologies, but this isn’t required. We also use cloud software design, containerized Microservices, distributed caching, but you can learn this if you aren’t familiar with it.