Senior Quality Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for testing, validating, and managing all QA projects including, but not limited to, fee billing tasks, and applicable system hardware and software changes. Responsible for validating the release-testing outputs in the form of audits provided by the BT/UAT teams. Responsible for performing functional testing of new code as part of release testing and any new projects.
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Develops testing programs that addresses areas, such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Documents software defects, using a bug-tracking system, and reports defects to software developers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Management or related field
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development testing or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software testing, Agile delivery, or related field
- Payment systems knowledge* Payment systems knowledge
- Solid understanding of Distributed application infrastructure
- Applied knowledge of SAFe
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience of working in AWS environment.
- Experience of working in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hbase, Storm, Spark)
- Experience with Restful APIs, JSON, XML etc.
- Experience with Github
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with PaaS, preferably Cloud Foundry
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and working in a DevOps heavy environment
- ISTQB certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.