Senior Quality Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position offers opportunity to work in this Greenfield project, get to work with the next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Leads, guides, and participates in the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the scenarios, procedures, and QE suites. Ensures content and structure of all QE documents/artifacts are documented and maintained. Liaises with Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Assists in the preparation of System, Integration and User Acceptance Tests. Ensures proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, they plan the effort. As test execution approaches, ensures the test environment is ready before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Assists in the preparation of agendas for meetings; for example, weekly team meetings. Frequently status-checks meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails etc. Reports upon quality engineering activities, including results, coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular QE team meetings.
- Plans, monitors, controls, and executes the quality engineering activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of effort. Prepares the software plan. Assists in the analysis of requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keeps track of the requirements from the project and manages Change of Scope (COS). Identifies the hardware and software requirement for the quality engineering setup. Escalates the issues about project requirements (software, hardware, resources) to Project Manager/Quality Manager. Adheres to all processes and procedures for quality engineering as per established standards defined by the organization.
- From the outset of the project, leads projects in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management, devises the quality engineering objectives, organizational quality engineering policies, and quality engineering strategies for the project.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
- ISTQB Foundation
- 3+ years of Test Automation experience.
- Hands on Java experience (at least intermediate level).
- Hands on experience in building test automation frameworks.
- Quality engineering experience.
- Experience of working in DevOps heavy environment.
- ATDD or BDD experience, ideally with Cucumber but other frameworks like Jbehave is also considered.
- Experience of working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Strong technical and tools experience.
- Thorough understanding of test methods and processes.
- Experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of automated test suites.
- Experience of working within Agile Scrum teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels.
- International Payment systems knowledge.
- Experience of working in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hbase, Storm, Spark).
- Experience with Restful APIs, JSON, XML etc.
- Experience with Github.
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Experience with PaaS, preferably Cloud Foundry.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline.
- Non Functional testing experience.
- ISTQB certification.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.