Senior Quality Engineer at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ShopRunner is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Quality Engineer to join our talented engineering team. Our stack includes microservices, a browser extension, and website. Expertise in these areas is a strong plus. The only absolute requirement is a solid grasp of software engineering principles, knowledge of test automation best practices, and a willingness to learn new things.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with teams developing new products to build a robust testing approach
- Contribute to the company wide testing strategy
- Write and execute test plans and test cases, using frameworks to automate testing as much as possible.
- Champion the quality of our products. Document software bugs in issue tracking tool.
- Participate in the Agile process as part of a cross functional engineering team, coordinating with product owners and engineers.
- Give visibility into the testing process via actionable quality metrics that help improve the product
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience working in a Quality role
- Experience with automated testing of web applications
- Self driven, actively looks for ways to mitigate risk and prevent quality issues, and knows how to get things done
- Experience working with User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and writing test cases
- Has good verbal communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a case for testability and testing technology in our code
- Introduces the product team to industry trends and best practices from the QA community
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.