Senior Ruby Engineer
Who we are
Who you are
- You can work alone but prefer working as a team
- You want to own the technology impact on the business
- You care more about learning and solving the problem than being right
- You champion best practices while using fewer tools
- You focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability
- You enjoy designing, modeling, and programming regardless of the language set
- You crave and provide actionable feedback
What you will be working on
- You'll be helping DRW manage its funds efficiently by developing and maintaining simple and robust data pipelines written mostly in Ruby and Clojure that perform complex analysis on all of the firm's and some of the market's data.
- You'll care about interest rates, charges, trade limits, risk based limits, liquidity, and much more.
- You'll be using some calculation engines you write and some that are provided by third parties.
- You'll get to find innovative ways to integrate disparate technologies and provide real and valuable insights to the business.
- You'll decide which data needs to be up-to-the-second actionable and which data needs to be curated over long periods to gain daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly insights.
- You'll enable the communication mechanism for that data whether it be alerting, dashboards, ad-hoc querying, or complex data visualization.
- You'll work closely with your customers inside the firm to bring reliable, concrete, and introspect-able numbers to fuel their deep industry expertise.