Senior Salesforce Engineer at Sertifi
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Salesforce Engineer to join our Engineering team.
This role works closely between our Engineering and Customer Success teams to provide support for our Salesforce-integrated product. Our ideal candidate is excited to develop our Salesforce integration and provide the best customer experience. You will be able to customize the product, investigate customer issues, and serve as the Salesforce expert for both clients as well as internal team members.
You will work cross-functionally with up to five other scrum teams to solve problems and improve our products and services.
As Sertifi continues to grow and evolve we need you to be flexible in your role and from time to time you may be asked to participate in an on-call out of hours Support rotation.
This position will report to our Director of Engineering.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Optimize Sertifi App for Salesforce Lightning Experience with a focus on performance, scale and user experience improvements as we convert the platform away from Salesforce Classic
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to understand business requirements and translate them into high value software solutions
- Utilize JIRA for internal case tracking, updating the cases to ensure proper documentation
- Take ownership of, design, build and scale business critical services
- Serve as a mentor to other Software and Support Engineers
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a four-year accredited College/University is preferred
- At least 5 years of total experience (SaaS industry preferred) or 8+ years of experience in lieu of education including:
- At least 4 years of Salesforce experience required
- At least 2 years of C# experience required
- Configuration, customization, programming with APEX, Lightning Web Components (LWC), Triggers, Workflows with actions, Approval Processes, Reports, and Dashboards
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
- Advises on how to leverage out-of-the-box Salesforce solutions, as well as when to customize and enhance
- Fundamental knowledge of object-oriented programming principles, data structures and algorithms
- Strong web application design and architectural skills
- Understanding of data layer concerns and working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with relational database structures and database integration tools (APIs, web services)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills, with a close attention to detail and ability to clearly relay information to clients and internal team members
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects, as well as part of a scrum team
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about technology, innovation, and constant improvement
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage time appropriately
- Be organized, timely, responsive, and proactive
Nice To Have:
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Platform Developer I Certification
- Platform Developer II Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology. Must be able speak, see and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
We offer great benefits such as: Competitive salary, generous PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.