Senior Scientist - Experimental Immunology at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a robust pipeline to functionally characterize and experimentally validate novel immunomodulatory pathways in human cancer.
- Perform extensive phenotyping through multiple orthogonal methods (flow cytometry, IHC, single cell RNAseq) to understand the role of different immune pathways within the tumor microenvironment.
- Establish novel co-culture systems to model the complex interactions between immune cells, antigen-presenting cells, stromal cells, and tumor cells.
- Leverage gene editing technology to explore novel therapeutic avenues in immuno-oncology.
- Work with cutting-edge immunology and biological modeling teams to facilitate the development of deep learning algorithms and functional assays.
- PhD with 3+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Demonstrated experience in immunophenotyping and functional characterization of immune genes and pathways, including high-dimensional flow cytometric analysis and sorting, expression profiling, and immunohistochemistry.
- Substantial expertise in cell culture with specific experience with primary human T cells including T cell expansion, activation, in vitro killing, and co-culture assays.
- Fundamental understanding of cancer pathophysiology
- Supervisory experience either in an industry or academic setting
An ideal candidate has:
- Experience preparing and analyzing cells from human tissue for profiling, sequencing, and functional assays
- Previous experience with molecular cloning and methods for gene overexpression, knockdown, and editing (e.g., transient transfection, retroviral/lentiviral infection, siRNA, CRISPR-Cas9)
- Rigorous attention to detail and ability to coordinate complex experimental procedures and workflows with a multidisciplinary team