Senior Scientist, Ingredient Research
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Senior Ingredient Research Scientist: The Senior Ingredient Research Scientist will contribute to a best-in-class research team, enabling and supporting the objectives of all functions of the organization. The Senior Ingredient Research Scientist will become a Subject Matter Expert on ingredients at the core of the RXBAR platform and understand how said ingredients can be optimized for best quality via agricultural and upstream/downstream processing, manipulated and processed for use in novel product categories, and leveraged for functional performance. This role ultimately serves as a knowledge captain in the industry and an internal consultant ready to troubleshoot any issue facing QC, Product Development, or other internal departments.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Deliver technical solutions to improve product quality, leveraging strong expertise in organic and physical chemistry, processing, analytical methods, and ingredient functionality
- Lead simultaneous projects with short and long-term timelines in a fast-paced environment; adapt timelines to troubleshoot arising priorities
- Identify and promote opportunities for continuous improvement in product development, scale-up, analytical methods, innovation technology, and personal growth
- Maintain a service mindset through collaborative relationships with external and internal customers, including suppliers, research partners, Quality Control, Scientific Affairs, Customer Service, Marketing, and others
- Protect novel ideas through patents and trade secrets while staying current on the newest research and equipment
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior cohort in R&D team
- Generate project briefs, research reports, and technical updates to effectively convey recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related field. Thesis-based graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years lab experience (can include academic lab work and internships)
- 3+ years related experience at Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company; food and beverage experience preferred
- Protein and/or carbohydrate expertise preferred
- Experience with sensory science and shelf life studies
- Knowledgeable in macronutrient interactions and associated analytical tests
- Skilled in Design of Experiments, statistics, Microsoft Suite, and written/oral communication for audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Highly adaptable and resourceful. Driven and motivated to find answers from journal articles, patents, trade organizations, university partnerships, seminars, and independent projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and a great team player
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.