We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You will join a high-functioning technology team in a profitable start-up, building green-field projects as well as improving upon existing top-of-the-line products. In this role you'll get to own projects with real user impact and be in a great team of passionate QA and Test Engineers in a fun, collaborative, and engaging environment.
What you’ll do as a Senior SDET:
- Be a key player in advancing our test automation strategy
- Act as a coach to other QA team members with coding and automation, providing substantial contributions and improvements to automation tooling and processes
- Be responsible for planning, executing, collaborating on, and improving test automation scripts
- Be a key contributor to advancing automation tooling and the automation framework
- Be a key contributor in advancing automation best practices within the QA team and to those external to the QA department at BenchPrep
About the team:
Our engineering team is a talented, dynamic group of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. We value new ideas, as well as the opportunity to work with new and exciting technologies, while we work toward a common goal of helping millions learn better and faster.
You should have:
- 5 years of working experience in an automation based environment.
- Strong experience with OO programming and concepts.
- Hands on experience in Cypress, Jenkins, Docker, Selenium, WebDriverIO are preferred
- Experience in software development practices including continuous integration, code review, pairing, and containerization
- Actively able to mentor other SDETs and QA engineers and enable them to contribute valuable input into our automation codebase and share QA best practices
- Proactive, flexible and creative.
- Experience in handling multiple projects with changing priorities and meeting concurrent deadlines.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, even though we’re currently remote, our inclusive work culture has been built to withstand challenges, as we stay connected and ensure all of our employees have the resources and tools they need to stay successful in this new environment. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.