Senior Security Architect
Trust & Security | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Trust & Security team - is in the business of building trust and driving security in the dynamic world of DocuSign. We create, maintain, and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team that can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
Our Security Architecture Team is seeking a passionate, customer-focused, and eager security professional to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to work and own everything security of a best-in-class, cloud-based platform on which DocuSign, customer, and partner applications run.
The Senior Security Architect is responsible for driving security architecture practices and patterns across DocuSign. This involves developing reference architectures, working with teams to ensure that their projects meet defined security requirements, and, developing new technology stacks to better enforce the security policy.
This position reports to the Director of Security Architecture.
- Develop and evangelize the Trust & Security Reference Architectures across the corporate and production environments
- Partner, coach, and act as the product owner and/or SME to lead IT, development and business teams from planning through deployment & execution of security-related technologies
- Architect global programs that deploy strong security patterns and controls across applications and computing environments, while addressing security, business resiliency, privacy and compliance frameworks
- Define and lead the strategy and roadmap to remediate existing technologies against a standard auditable set of security controls
- Identify and propose new Identity technologies that yield security, administration and end-user experience advantages while reducing risk and driving cost efficiencies
- Define and manage KPIs and other measurements to indicate the health of security-related programs
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting compliance with regulatory and security industry best practice
- Champion security, privacy and data protection best practices across enterprise IT
- Assist in maintaining strong oversight with cloud computing vendors and solution providers to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities
- Engage the community across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire. In particular, manage the strategic relationship with key security vendors in the Identity space.
- 12+ years of experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in cloud computing technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.), including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private and hybrid environments.
- Extensive experience with traditional security controls and technologies, such as antivirus, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, public key infrastructure, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years Security Engineering background or experience.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- A proven deep background in technology design, implementation and delivery
- Experience defining and executing large-scale, transformative strategic plans.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate business needs into operational requirements.
- Proven ability to influence technical and business leadership.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with the ability to convey complex ideas in a manner that results in a definitive direction and results.
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar professional certification.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.