Senior Security Engineer at Paylocity
The Security Engineer is responsible for supporting the delivery, operating and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This role will act as a security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge HR and payroll tech company. Keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
The Security Engineer is responsible for the delivery, operating and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This includes supporting technical implementations, working cross-team with infrastructure, system, application, and architecture teams to better the security posture of the organization.
• Develop innovative security controls to protect assets across a large and complex environment
• Administer a wide and interesting range of security platforms and systems
• Implement security orchestration and automation in support of security operations
• Consult with internal teams on architecture and system designs
• Support cross-team security initiatives of internal teams
Platform and Tools:
• You will need experience working with at least 7 of the following platforms and tools:
o Active Directory
o Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
o Data Loss Prevention (ProofPoint, Symantec, Varonis, etc.)
o DNS Filtering and Web Proxies (Cisco, Zscaler, etc.)
o Docker Containers & Kubernetes
o Email Security (ProofPoint, Mimecast, etc.)
o Endpoint Detection & Response (Microsoft ATP, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
o Network Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc.)
o Privileged Access Management (PAM)
o Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
o Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
o Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)
o Vulnerability Management (Tenable, Qualys, etc.)
o Web Application Firewalls (F5 ASM, Imperva, etc.)
• Must have experience leading a large strategic project
• Strong understanding of implementing a SIEM
• In-depth knowledge of PKI's and Privileged Access Management
• Solid understanding of NIST Cybersecurity and MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
• Working ability to write scripts and automation. This includes parsing log data (i.e. RegEx, XML, etc.)
• Ability to self-teach technical concepts in security and apply them in real world scenarios.
• Great communication skills with the ability to build strong cross-team relationships.