Senior Security Engineer at Sittercity
Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
What You’ll Do
Sittercity.com is a monolith rails application, and while this architecture has served us well, we are now ready to take things to a different level with a brand new set of API’s and a new vision to push our products forward. As a Security Engineer on the tooling team, you will apply your passion for technology and security to ensure our applications and infrastructure are secure.
You’ll play a key role in the design and execution of the security aspects of operational readiness.
- Develop, deploy, and operate security mechanisms within our Google Cloud infrastructure
- Play a significant role in the design and execution of the security operations processes, procedures and runbooks
- Lead mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities and threats
- Strong foundational security knowledge and understanding of best practices
- Experience working as a security engineer in cloud environments such as GCP(strongly preferred), AWS, or Azure
- Experience implementing security with Kubernetes(strongly preferred) or other container orchestration platforms
- Proficient in Linux tools and shell scripting or other Linux automation
- Flexible & quick to embrace new technologies and the ability to train others
- Experience in one or more languages such as Go, Ruby or Python
- Understanding of data protection mechanisms including encryption
Nice to haves:
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Github Actions
- Experience with operational monitoring tools, such as Prometheus, Google Cloud Monitoring, Datadog, CloudWatch, or Sumo Logic
- An interest in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle, DevOps, and SRE practices
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Due to COVID-19, this will start as a remote role with the potential to eventually rejoin our team in our Chicago office. Our office provides a bright and energized space for collaboration as well as many quiet areas for concentration. Additionally, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Great benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.