Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
The Sr. Security Engineer will be responsible for IT security across all Echo Global Logistics offices and associated companies. This individual will have a broad IT knowledge across multiple technology disciplines, the security vulnerabilities associated with each technology area / discipline and best practices to detect and prevent threats to Echo IT security. The role requires the individual to develop threat detection and prevention systems, develop response plans and conduct vulnerability testing on an ongoing basis. The role also requires the individual to work with all IT SME's to help enhance their products and systems so that IT security threat prevention is a consideration in all aspects of IT development and support.
Success in this role requires technical knowledge and experience, prior experience in IT security, organizational skills and an eagerness to do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently while continually challenging and improving the status quo.
Principal Accountability | IT Security
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Continually stays abreast of security trends, threats and prevention technologies and practices
Principal Accountability | Team Member
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Acts in the interest of the overall team
- Actively works on broadening or adding skills
- Asks for assistance when problems become challenging
- Balances best practice decisions with delivering high business value
- Contributes to the success of the team
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, fluid work environment
- Capable of presenting technical ideas and concepts in business -friendly language
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- Proven working experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documentation skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires frequent attention shifts from one project to the next
- Proactive, self-starter able to work with limited supervision and prepared to take responsibility for the role's operations
- Exceptional time and project management skills.
- Experience with the Windows Server Environment is required
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.