Senior Security Engineer at Enova
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
As a Senior Security Engineer, you’ll be an advocate for Enova’s future in IT Security and Compliance. You will have the opportunity to develop, implement and maintain security solutions throughout our corporate and production environments. You'll collaborate with business and tech teams to help set the architectural direction and deliver cutting edge solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide network and application security guidance to IT teams
- Evaluate Enova's infrastructure (on-prem and cloud), and propose enhancements and design changes
- Practice proactive maintenance to ensure proper security posture
- Evaluate new technologies and trends to improve the security of our environment
- Collaborate with Product teams, Engineering, Development, and Compliance to ensure operational readiness of new solutions and ongoing optimization/improvement of existing solutions
- Oversee and develop security standards based on security best practices
- Respond to security incidents, assist with troubleshooting and provide on-call support as needed
We're excited about you if you have:
- Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
- An understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the correlation with cloud architecture
- An understanding of infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles
- Familiarity with Cloud security fundamentals (AWS cloud platform preferred)
- AWS Security principles and services, AWS Config, IAM, WAF, GuardDuty and AWS networking from a security perspective
- Terraform, Git or similar toolsets
- Container security and Kubernetes knowledge
- Proficient with one or more scripting/programming language frameworks
- Experience with large Linux environments
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, Engineering, Computer Science, or related study
About our team:
Our IT Security Engineering Team works alongside our Systems, Monitoring, Application Engineering, and Network Engineering teams to deliver top notch, secure infrastructure and automation solutions. We are experts in the IT security field, but are also well-versed in networking, applications, development life cycles, and automation techniques. We have passionate debates about technology with consensus in solutions, flexible team structures, an irrelevance of title in problem solving, and a desire to do the right thing.
Each member of our team works and supports all security tools and will never be limited to a specific solution allowing for continued growth. We currently use a multitude of Security tools such as Palo Altos, Cisco ASAs, F5 technologies, AWS security services, ForeScout, Proofpoint, CyberArk, Nessus and Splunk SIEM to provide security controls throughout the environment. Our server and application platform primarily runs on Vmware and several workloads exist in Amazon, with plans to expand services into the cloud.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.