Senior Security Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Security Eng ineer to be part of the internal IT Security team. As part of the internal security team, this role would be responsible for managing the response,
recovery, and review of security incidents; the design and implementation of new security tools;
managing existing security tools; and provide security support to external groups.
Demonstrate an understanding of security technology and ability to apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as the NIST cyber security framework. Individuals must be able to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to operational teams that request or require Information Security Engineering. Candidates should be familiar with security services such as vulnerability management, incident response, event monitoring, threat management, and others.
Specific skills include, but are not limite d to, the ability to:
* Cloud AD experience
* Cloud security tool experience
* Email security experience
* DLP policy creation, management and tuning
* Enterprise mobility experience
* Experience with eSentire security tools
* Log analysis and threat hunting SME
* Develop and write incident response knowledge bases and train level 1 security analysts
* 3 years of similar work experience in security
* Strong Knowledge of security strategy and risk management
* Analyzes potential impact of new threats and communicates risks to relevant business units
* Validates and maintains incident response plans and processes to address potential threat
* Responds to computer security incidents according to the computer security incident response policy
* Experience with Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence, Security Architecture and Design
* Experience with a major ticketing system and a SIEM portal and/or reporting system
* Understanding of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting, and Network Packet Capture Solutions.
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to other West Monroe offices
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience
* Security+, CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC series and other certifications that demonstrate a commitment to continued professional information security advancement are expected, but not required
* Knowledge of Information Security Compliance Frameworks like HIPAA, SOX, ISO 27001, ISO 27005, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-30, PCI DSS and GDPR is desired.
* Ability to read/translate IDS/IPS, syslog & firewall logs, rules and configuration
* Project management experience preferred
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.