Senior Security Manager at West Monroe Partners
Senior Security Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Senior Security Manager to oversee, advise, and implement security services for West Monroe Partners. The role is internal facing, and successful candidates should be, an excellent presenter with technical and non-technical audiences, ability to convey complex information and security concepts with ability to improve our security position, ability to influence and help leaders understand alignment to strategy.
* Demonstrate an understanding of security technology and ability to apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as the NIST cyber security framework. Individual must be able to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to both Shared Services partners and Line partners as it relates to internal security strategy and operations.
* Candidates should be familiar with security services such as vulnerability management, incident response, event monitoring, threat management, and others.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
* Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion.
* Own and manage security operations with ability to provide guidance to leadership on the appropriate course of action and managed team in delivery of those actions.
* Perform annual compliance assessments to determine if business systems are aligned with regulatory requirements, industry standards, best practices and to information security policy, procedures, and standards.
* Act as trusted security advisor to the leadership and manage West Monroe Partners Security Operations Team for escalations
* Understand WMP’s culture, security strategies, security goals, security objectives, security capabilities, and security budget
* Analyze organizational request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solution aligned with proposed plan to implement
* Design and create information security policies and processes (e.g., vulnerability mgmt., incident response, event monitoring, etc.)
* Keep leadership abreast of problem status, set clear expectations, and provide timely follow-up to leadership
* Independently handle challenging situations
* Provide reporting to leadership on a regular and ad-hoc basis
* Compiles and analyzes data for management reporting and metrics
* Assist with WMP’s change management processes
* Work with IT management to provide written and oral status updates; facilitate and lead meetings in both a project and escalated incident setting
* Perform other duties as required or assigned
* 5+ years of similar work experience in security
* Strong Knowledge of security strategy and risk management
* Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to conduct presentations to technical and non-technical groups
* Analyzes potential impact of new threats and communicates risks to relevant business units
* Validates and maintains incident response plans and processes to address potential threats
* Experience conducting research on security topics
* Experience with Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence, Security Architecture and Design
* Detailed knowledge of security technologies and trends
* Understanding of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting, and Network Packet Capture Solutions.
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent
* Strong Knowledge of Security Strategy and Risk Management
* Experience with Information Security Compliance Frameworks like HIPAA, SOX, ISO 27001, ISO 27005, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-30, and PCI DSS is desired.
* Prior experience in a CISO, VP or Director of Security Position
* CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC series and other certifications that demonstrate a commitment to continued professional information security advancement are expected, but not required
* Project management experience preferred
* Prior recognition as a published writer in the Information Security space
* Previous consulting experience and strong soft skills (active listening, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc.)
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.