We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Driven by our mission to make it easier to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare, Collective Health is evolving the way health benefits work. If you are passionate about our mission and you are an experienced hands-on product and application security professional who is excited about developing and leading a broad range of functions at a mission-driven, highly-regulated technology company, this role is for you.
You’ll lead initiatives that address the company’s—and some of our industry’s—most sophisticated and meaningful security and architectural challenges. You will build relationships across all parts of the business and drive multi-functional initiatives to continuously improve our security and privacy posture. You will be responsible for building and implementing controls that can scale and optimize as we move into a context-aware security environment.
The Security Operations Engineer role works within Collective Health’s Information Security team. This team includes Product Security, Cloud and Data Security, and Enterprise IT security; and works closely with our Privacy, Risk and Compliance Team. Our Security Team at Collective Health is at the heart of the company’s success. We spend a lot of time actively working with the broader community instead of opposing them, and we find that it passes off in spades. As part of the security team you’ll be responsible for ensuring the success of a collaborative security pipeline we’ve built out and actively encourage and promote the security culture we have here.What you’ll do:
- Build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to security threats.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks.
- Develop ad hoc scripts and/or tools to help plug the gaps of automation where possible.
- Assess and help enable controls on Data, Cloud and Corporate systems and services.
- Review existing security systems and associated configurations, and provide recommendations on changes and enhancements.
- Partner with stakeholders from the various teams to improve Collective Health defense posture.
- Lead incident response and investigations technical activities including communications and coordination among different teams.
- Document protocols and playbooks pertaining to incident response
- 5+ years of experience in Security Operations in a regulated organization (potential requirement) (e.g HIPAA compliance - pharma, biotech, health insurance)
- Strong background in incident response, hunting, forensics, intrusion detection or threat intelligence.
- Strong experience in hardening cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and Docker environments
- Moderate understanding of information security principles and defense in depth techniques
- Moderate programming and/or scripting experience in one or all of Python, Java, Go.
- Moderate hands-on experience with security technologies: Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), DLP, IDS/IPS
- Ability to analyze network, host, memory, and other forensics artifacts originating from multiple OSs.
- Experience Perform Memory Forensics & Malware reverse engineering, analysis and extract IOCs (Indicators of Compromise)
- Hands-on experience with forensics technologies (ex. Macquisition, X-Ways, Volexity, FTK, GRR)
- Experience with common attack scenarios in various common layers within our infrastructure (cloud-based issues, code quality, insider threat, etc)
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]
Please note that Collective Health requires all employees to verify receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination or to apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on medical need, a sincerely held religious belief, or a local legal exemption. Candidates are not required to furnish such a verification or to seek an exemption from the verification requirement during the application process but would be asked to do so if they accept an offer.