Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Signal is looking for a senior engineer to fill a key role on the SRE side of our team. Instead of developing the products that Signal sells, we develop the systems that run our products.
So, what would you be doing?
- Design, implement, deploy and help maintain systems for building, deploying, and operating customer-facing applications.
- Implement Infrastructure As Code
- Research and deploy best software and hardware in order to make others more productive and run our applications at top performance.
- Learn and provide support for our foundational technologies and abstractions (including databases, load balancers, monitoring, reporting, etc.)
- Be awesomely vigilant and aware of new security threats. Recommend and implement new security technologies and policies.
- Production support. Yes, this means occasional PagerDuty.
What do we need from you?
- You foster cooperation, learning and coordination between development and ops functions, and embrace open source practices.
- You enjoy relentlessly automating away all toil
- Experience monitoring a large distributed system, and a thorough understanding of networking
- Strong knowledge of Unix (POSIX) with an emphasis on Linux (in particular, Debian GNU/Linux or Ubuntu).
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with databases (you do not need to be a DBA), both SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with AWS that extends beyond simple cloud computing.
- You comfortable reading code in different languages (e.g, Java, Python, etc.)
- Configuration management experience (We use Puppet (for now), but strong Chef or Salt experience is good, too).
- Strong shell scripting experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science with practical experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
Bonus points for:
- Strong networking-fu
- Use of distributed log-oriented messaging systems, like Kafka
- Managing large-scale cloud deployments (especially using AWS)
- HAproxy, Nginx, Apache familiarity.
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to Apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume to me, Julia, by applying via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so be sure to include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.