Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Logistics - Delivery
About The Opportunity
Grubhub engineers own and run their products and services from conception to continuous operation. DevOps engineers play a key role and are embedded within teams to focus on the operational aspects of our services.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities within Grubhub’s products.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing high availability services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale exponentially.
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies…new service protocols and architectures, self-healing capabilities, globally distributed caching, performance and code quality tooling, etc. Determine the right tool for the right task.
Tools we work with:
- Java for micro services
- Docker (in production!)
- Mesos and Marathon for job scheduling
- Combination of AWS and our own hardware
- Python and Fabric for automation and our CD pipeline
- Jenkins for builds and task execution
- Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- DataDog for metrics and alerting
You Should Have
- Minimum 4+ years experience building complex distributed systems. In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of the team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything.
- Proficient in high level script languages such as Python or Ruby (Python preferred)
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Docker
- Experience managing Linux (Centos, Ubuntu) systems
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server and application status
- Experience with monitoring tools such as graphite, nagios, Datadog, Runscope
- Experience with log aggregation systems using splunk, logstash, loggly, elasticsearch
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment using git, jenkins
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo)
- Experience with Hadoop (Cloudera, DataStax), mahout and other big data platforms
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.