Our Site Reliability Engineers are the stewards of our trading systems, balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth. Your responsibility is to stay ahead of the complexity inherent in scaling a distributed system that handles over half a million correlated financial instruments across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you are a key driver of our operational culture by deeply understanding how our systems work together and providing your technical expertise to influence design decisions for our infrastructure. You’ll solve a broad spectrum of problems across the entire stack with custom solutions built from the ground-up. Rather than simply stringing existing tools together the challenge in this role is to engineer critical infrastructure that impacts the bottom line.
Technology at Optiver:
Our engineers work closely with development and operations teams to identify the business problems we face and build the infrastructure to meet them. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our production systems. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure used to deploy, monitor, and configure a suite of proprietary trading applications
- Establish vision and technical direction for major initiatives
- Provide DevOps expertise to development, operations, and trading teams
- Establish and implement configuration and interoperability standards across trading applications
- Thoughtfully decide when to build and when to buy
- Build infrastructure to monitor the health and stability of the production trading environment
- Ensure new and existing programs adhere to our coding, architectural, and operational standards
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced and results driven IT team
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with SQL and data administration
- Experience with operating systems and understanding network architectures
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.