Shift Schedule: 9am-5pm (Monday-Friday)
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Site Reliability engineer, you will design and implement solutions that ensure the reliability, performance, and stability of the platforms and services that Enova runs and owns. Your work will support a culture of collaboration and ownership, which helps teams deliver software reliably and at scale. You will work across IT, Software Engineering, and Product teams to resolve escalated operational issues, as well as lead strategic projects and build creative solutions. You will also understand how our systems and applications relate holistically in order to prevent, solve and manage open-ended problems from defining Service Level Indicators to investigating the contributing factors of a major incident.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Troubleshoot escalated and major incidents, propose solutions, balance business needs vs. technical constraints, ensure quality, and drive results.
- Design, implement and manage initiatives to optimize technology operations, focusing on problem-solving, risk mitigation, and customer experience.
- Assist and advise Tech teams on investigations, training, process improvements, reporting/tracking, and production readiness reviews.
- Collect data, perform trend analysis, identify potential high-risk areas, prioritize and execute projects.
- Mentor junior team members.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Experience with DevOps as a culture.
- Advanced technical knowledge with object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Java, or Go, and PostgreSQL.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to translate ambiguous problems into solutions.
- Understanding of web services, databases, networking protocols, and configuration languages such as Chef or Terraform.
- Experience with monitoring/hosting/analysis of any web-transaction based environment and delivering financial services through the Internet (At Enova, we primarily work with StatsD/Graphite, DataDog, Splunk, Cloudwatch).
- Previous e-commerce experience and knowledge of AWS Services is a plus!
About our Site Reliability Engineering team:
The SRE team is uniquely positioned as the champion and guardian of Technology’s operational excellence at Enova, ensuring all business-critical systems and processes are functioning correctly (available and performant) for successful enterprise operations. This team is part of the TechOps organization which sits in the Chicago office. The SRE team has great exposure to many departments and technologies at Enova allowing for involvement in varied and diverse technology initiatives.