Senior Site Reliability Engineer
GoHealth is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will be working to guide our teams in creating reliable systems and tooling while working in AWS and public cloud infrastructure. This role will be ideal for someone who sees themselves as a software engineer and can work with software development teams and mentor them on best practices for reliable architecture. If you love managing infrastructure as a software development practice and are looking for a leading role where you can make a direct impact on business and department growth, then we want you at GoHealth.
- Help develop and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met.
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills
- Managing alerts and metrics
- Responsible for system uptime and performance.
- Work effectively with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Software Engineers, and other Site Reliability Engineers in an agile environment.
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong development skills in any programming language. Configuration management tools (such as Puppet, Terraform, or Chef)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting clustered environments.
- Experience managing Linux containers.
- Experience managing web application servers.
- Working knowledge of building and maintaining IP-based networks.
- Experience with Cloud provider (Eg. AWS, GCP)s preferred, but not required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy.
- 401k program with company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Commuter and transit benefits.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Casual dress code.
- Generous employee referral bonuses.
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events.
- Subsidized gym memberships.
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.