At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Software Architect with expertise in distributed system design to join our Software Engineering practice and work with our clients to solve some of their most complex technology problems. The Senior Architect will work directly with multiple clients in various industries as a member of a highly collaborative team of the best and brightest software engineers at West Monroe.
- Interact with key decision makers (CIO, Architects, IT Directors, etc.) at our clients to drive and deliver software integration solutions
- Work with our clients to solve problems through analysis of existing systems and processes
- Take on full lifecycle projects from definition through design, implementation, and deployment
- Utilize your creativity and make an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of client expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 7-11+ years of experience in software engineering, designing and implementing integration solutions
- Distributed architectures design and implementation experience in Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Stream-based integration patterns and ecosystem of technologies: Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and/or cloud-based equivalents (Azure Event Hubs, Amazon Kinesis)
- Experience with event/message-based integration patterns tools and brokered messaging solutions (e.g. ActiveMQ, NATS, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Amazon MQ/SQS/SNS)
- Confident in building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed architectures serving large amounts of data at a minimum latency with high throughput
- Experience building integrations using modern development languages (e.g. C#, Java, Scala, NodeJS, or similar)
- Experience designing and building API-based integration and related technologies (e.g. API gateways and API management solutions)
- Experience with leading iPaaS / EAI tools (e.g. MuleSoft, Boomi, or similar) would be of use for comparison to PaaS approaches
- Experience delivering software in the public cloud AWS or Azure
- Experience in working within a collaborative, team-based Agile/Scrum project environment
- Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of 2-8 software engineering consultants
- Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business and consulting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.