The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group's product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
As the Senior Software Architect, you will be part of the development team that creates and maintains various UI components, services, and applications within the Morningstar Advisor Client Experience group, to illuminate clients' Financial Planning processes. You will be working in an agile cross-functional global product development team designing, improving, and supporting systems already in place that drive our business as well as building new features/systems/products to deliver value. The team is looking for realistic forward-thinking problem solvers who raise initiatives and take ownership of projects to get them across the finish line. We are passionate about keeping our systems secure, reusable, robust, scalable, maintainable, and affordable.
- Contribute to POC and templates development in agile squads.
- Analyze system requirements, draft software architecture considering dependencies and technical context of Financial Planning.
- Guide the team and engage the team to design realistic solutions with balanced decoupling and cohesion, which meets product functionality and quality needs.
- Promote architecture solutions to stakeholders, absorb practical advice, and evolve revisions.
- Ensure the execution of architectural decisions in build phases by actively participating in development and code review work.
- Incorporate new cloud technologies where appropriate.
- Facilitate discussions and resolve conflicts involving technical approaches, designs, and tradeoffs - especially drawing from lessons learned.
- Advocate best practices for performance, scalability, reliability, security, reusability, expandability, and cost-efficiency at a global scale.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ Years of Experience in Software Development, Design, and Architecture.
- Demonstrated experience defining, refining, and maintaining application architectures for sophisticated end-user software products.
- Proficient in Web UI componentization
- Cloud computing, with experience AWS (or Azure, GCP).
- Has good engineering practices: unit testing, clean code, and CICD.
- Excellent self-study skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with designing Microservices or serverless applications.
- Experience with automated infrastructure configurations and orchestration. We use CloudFormation, Docker, serverless.
- Knowledge of any backend development in Java, C#, node.js, or Python and the ability plus willingness to adopt any languages.
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies like Serverless/Lambdas, API gateway, ECS, KMS/IAM, CloudFront, EC2.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity