Senior Software Design Engineer in Test
Leads in testing activities to develop, execute and automate test plans on large, complex pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software that serve to provide desired functionality to the technology solutions and programs. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Typically assigned to complex undertakings that require advanced in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes that impact the work of the assigned team.
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact complex components / processes of the technology QA function, such as:
- Participating in the build of the required test infrastructure, tools and coverage to ensure the release of top quality software.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the latest technologies and solutions; focusing on cross feature testing, and participating in building the processes and tools to maintain high quality product code throughout the release cycle.
- Reviewing product requirements and providing feedback to ensure needs are met and testing efforts are minimized.
- Collaborating with developers to ensure the product meets functional, quality, performance, scalability, privacy, and security through tools, automation and breakthrough test technologies.
- Participating in the development of quality assurance programs that establish and enhance quality assurance standards.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects, May perform as implementation project lead.
- Writing complex code and developing testing protocols and plans that are highly complex in nature.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Participating in the development of technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and proactively resolve complex problems.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- May perform performance testing functions.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique oppo
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance.
- Experience working on more than one product delivery cycle simultaneously.
- Experience as a tester in software development.
- Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Experience with test management (including: organization, planning, authoring, execution, and reporting).
- Experience with performance testing.