Senior Software Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
WHO WE ARE
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers demand products that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You won’t be sitting in a corner on your own – it’s a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
People don’t keep their money under mattresses anymore. Why not join a team that continues to shape the future of banking? In this position, you will build software that reaches Discover’s customers. You will break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve problems. You will partner with others to advance Discover’s CI/CD maturity as more and more apps move to the cloud. You will actively contribute to the developer community by enhancing current solution patterns and defining new ones.
We have opportunities across all of Discover’s software teams supporting full stack, back-end, or mobile development. Working with us means you will be exposed to new ways to enhance your skills. The list below outlines the different groups within Discover along with recent accomplishments made possible by our software developers.
- Credit Cards: FICO Scorecard, Messaging with Artificial Intelligence
- Deposits: New Cashback Debit product, Auto Cash Back Redemption to Savings
- Lending: Expanded capabilities on mobile, Real-time feed for loan rates on third-party sites
- Mobile Payments: ApplePay Classic/Cash, GooglePay, SamsungPay
- Wearable/Token-based Payments – FitPay, Card on File, Secure Remote Commerce
- Brand new global payments platform for future partnerships
Check out Discover’s StackOverflow company page to learn more about our tech stack. (https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/discover)
- Produce high quality products through iterative development
- Embrace an API mindset
- Ensure solutions address scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value
- Understand how your work connects to the customer
- Actively participate and contribute in team ceremonies
- Enable the team to be cross-functional and autonomous
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk/compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- Familiar with programming languages, such as Java, Python, or Node
- Previously owned development for a functional area
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
- Experience with framework and API design
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilize and/or contribute to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!